I, Kia Thomas, registered as a sole trader in the UK and operating as Kia Thomas Editing, collect and store information about clients, prospective clients and people who contact me. The policy below describes what I do with the personal information you give me.
In accordance with the EU General Data Processing Regulations:
- I will process your name, address, email address and other contact details as supplied, for the purposes of entering into communication and contracts, fulfilling contractual obligations, and complying with tax reporting requirements to HMRC.
- This data will be kept for 7 years, after which time all identifying information will be removed from any project information I still hold.
- I will only use your data for the purposes outlined above and for communication related to your project.
- I will not share any of your data with any other party, unless with your explicit consent and for a specific purpose.
- The data will be held in the systems I use to carry out my business – my email provider (Gmail), invoicing and financial system (Paypal), and internal documents (spreadsheets, contract letters).
- As per my terms and conditions, I may share project information, which may include your real name, on my website, for the purpose of promoting your project. You may opt out of this at any time by a request via email.
- If you share your data with other parties who then make it available to me (such as payment information visible shared with me via Paypal, or email/IP address visible to me through WordPress), I will not transfer that information out of their system without informing you.
- All devices and accounts on/in which your data is held will be protected with a strong password known only to me.
- In the event of a data breach, I will change my passwords immediately and inform you of the breach.
- You have the right to request a copy of any data I hold on you. You may do this by emailing me, and I will respond within one calendar month.
- You have the right to be forgotten if I do not need your data in order to fulfil my obligations as outlined above. If you wish for your data to be erased you may request this verbally or in writing, and I will respond within one calendar month.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO if you feel that your rights under the GDPR have been infringed.